The Marketing & Design Specialist for the Division of Student Affairs is responsible for providing marketing and design support to central units within the Division of Student Affairs including: The Campus Involvement Center, Career and Leadership Development Center, Community Standards and Student Responsibility, The Dean of Student's Office, Counseling and Psychological Services, Survivor Advocacy Program, Culinary Services, Regional Campus Retail Operations, Bobcat Depot, and the Office of the VP for Student Affairs. This person leads the creation of all marketing and branding initiatives for the Office of the VPSA and in support of Ohio University's Division of Student Affairs. In addition, the position collaborates with directors and department staff in 13 departments on marketing strategies, student-focused opportunities, and campus-wide programs and promotions.
1. Responsible for the design of print promotional materials including; brochures, pamphlets, flyers, posters, and more for the above mentioned departments. These materials are critical to the promotion of all related revenue generation and program participation for all OHIO students.
2. Responsible for the design and distribution of digital media such as; a monthly division newsletter, annual reports, division emails, digital displays, social media graphics, and more. These products are critical to the success of the Division's fundraising success, awareness, engagement with targeted audiences, recruitment, and overall division success within the broader University setting.
3. Management of the Division's Media Team (group of students dedicated to assisting with the development of content, layout/design social media content, video, and photography). This includes professional development, mentoring, scheduling, and general supervision of the team.
4. Responsible for the content of the division's social media presence including; Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram. This includes contests, campaigns, and strategic planning of scheduled tweets. Hootsuite is used to program content in advance. This position oversees monthly analytics for three social media platforms and monitors activity on other departmental accounts.
5. Responsible for the design, creation, implementation, and management of division web pages. CommonSpot is the current CMS. This position has oversight of over 250 web pages and frequently updates content weekly. Navigational elements, adding PDFs, and uploading photos are some of the most common needs. In addition, this position manages the Google Analytics of the division web pages.
Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field
3-5 years related experience
Strong verbal and written communication skills required, along with knowledge of graphics creation, design layout and design software suites. Preference to applied experience with marketing research, information technology, design, social media, website development and content management.
Applied experience with marketing research, information technology, design, social media, website development and content management.
Planning Unit: Vice President for Student Affairs
Department: VP For Student Affairs
Applicants may contact this person if they have questions about this position: Madison Trace firstname.lastname@example.org
Ohio University is home to one of the nation’s friendliest and most picturesque campuses. But more importantly, it’s where you can become part of a two-century tradition of excellence and embark upon a rewarding career that will make a real difference. From teaching and research to admissions, facilities maintenance, and residence life, our faculty and staff propel Ohio University’s mission of hel...ping students become their best selves. OHIO offers competitive compensation and outstanding benefits. For a complete list of employment opportunities, please visit www.ohiouniversityjobs.com.
Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity affirmative action institution. For more information about Ohio University’s policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment, visit www.ohio.edu/equity.