The Director of Member Engagement and Marketing will be responsible for developing and administering programs to engage, retain and attract members and develop and manage the association’s exhibits and sponsorship programs with relation to three meetings annually. This position reports to the Vice President of Professional Development. Within the organization, this position has secondary working relationships with the president & CEO. He/she will serve as the liaison to the Membership Committee and the Accredited Tissue Banks Council (ATBC).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop and implement an overall AATB membership engagement/recruitment plan * Develop an outreach plan for unengaged members * Create and execute a comprehensive association wide marketing plan, coordinating at the strategic and tactical levels with other functions and departments within the organization * Grow and enhance the value of the Affiliate Member program * Create and execute specific marketing programs to support AATB¹s conferences, membership and publications * Research, recommend and implement new membership benefits programs * Create and manage membership and marketing budget * Measure, analyze and report results of marketing efforts, and assesses demographic data on new and prospective members. Implement changes as needed to meet strategic goals and achieve success. * Prepare promotional copy for written and electronic marketing materials * Maintain appropriate software to extract and manage distribution lists for print, email, and other campaigns * Manage the membership renewal process * Acquire in-depth knowledge of the association, its members of staff
* Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and 5-7 years of relevant experience, preferably in the non-profit environment and/or association management
* Exceptional and demonstrated sales and marketing skills
* General knowledge of practices and principles of associations, public relations, customer service, management practices, and membership databases (Fonteva/Salesforce/Cvent experience preferred)
* Excellent technical writing and presentation skills, with the ability to translate thoughts, ideas, and concepts into understandable, executable written plans
* Demonstrated leadership, negotiation, and coalition-building skills
* Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills to include ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, membership, and volunteers
* Self-starter with the ability to formulate and make/individual sound business judgment and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
* Excellent computer skills and high-level of proficiency in using MS Office products
Internal Number: 101
About American Association of Tissue Banks
The American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) is a professional, non-profit, scientific and educational organization. It is one of the only national tissue banking organizations in the United States, and its membership totals more than 125 accredited tissue banks and 2,000 individual members. These banks recover tissue from more than 30,000 donors and distribute in excess of two million allografts for more than 1.75 million tissue transplants performed annually in the U.S. The overwhelming majority of the human tissue distributed for these transplants comes from AATB-accredited tissue banks.